Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My Sewing Buddy


I am discovering that making lavender sachets out of vintage linens is both fun, and it makes my workroom smell really nice.  I love finding uses for old linens that would just languish in a drawer someplace otherwise.  The spirit of my mother and grandmother hover over my shoulder gasping whenever I cut up one of these old treasures, but seeing the beautiful finished product, and the new, loving use these old linens can get tends to quiet them.

I think it's a rule in the Cat Code that if you need to spread something out to work on it, it needs a cat sitting on it.  Luckily for him I only needed to cut one corner of that fabric.

So long as the hair doesn't get all over, he doesn't pounce at my scissors when I'm cutting, or try to stick a paw in the sewing machine, I'll let him stay and 'help' as he wants.

Between the lavender scent and the purring, I think this was one of the most relaxed work sessions I've had in a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment