Tuesday, January 24, 2017

All Is Roses

I've had the rose hankie for years, looking for the perfect use.  It's machine embroidered, but pretty anyhow. With Valentine's Day nearing, inspiration struck and it became a cute little hanging.

For some reason that bitters bottle set into the candle holder with the pearls spilling out makes me think of a doll sized bottle of champagne on ice.

I picked up the little Ball And Claw bitters bottle at an antique store thinking it would make a great magic potion bottle.  Later I'm watching Grimm, and see a Hexenbiest make a magic potion in the same little red bottle.  Clearly the props staff thought similarly.

Every time I look at that pillow with the diamonds and the giant rose, I can't decide if I love how over the top it is or not.  Maybe next time I need to photograph it atop a stack of Harlequin Romance novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment