Thursday, January 27, 2022

More Giggle-worthy Finds

I shop at thrift stores a lot.  Really, a lot.  Clothes, books, decor items, cookware, raw materials for my shop; most of the goods I buy come from second hand shops.  This is partly because I am cheap and refuse to pay full price for new when perfectly serviceable things are available used.  Mostly, however, I shop at thrift stores because they can offer some hidden gems found nowhere else.

Sometimes these gems are beautiful and unique vintage clothing, or really high quality kitchenware for a bargain, and sometimes the value of a find is just because it made me laugh:


This was my Mom's find actually, and she only sent me the picture and not the actual shell critter thankfully :) I'm not sure what it is supposed to be, but the big eyes make me think owl. Speaking of owls...

 
My mom teases me that I have too many bric-a-brac owls in my house. I managed to walk past this impressive display without buying a single one. Though the brass trio on the upper left was very tempting.


A very different sort of bird...I'm not sure this one needs any explanation...;) If you can believe it, the inside is even better than the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment