Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Easy, but Awesome

Ok, I'm a little late in getting this up (as per usual) but here's the results of this year's comicon costume scramble.

This year I wasn't planning on making a costume at all. With Covid, I wasn't even sure comicon would be happening, and I had a lot of other things on my plate. And then I went to my local thrift store and found these:


A fancy red fedora, and a dark blue suit coat with built in shirt collar and cuffs? That's two thirds of an Agent Carter outfit ready made! So I really had no choice but to find or make the rest. 

The jacket was a little big on me, so I had to do a little altering to take it in, but otherwise it was perfect. I found a pair of nice pants in a similar enough pinstripe pattern to go with it, and quick altered them into a narrow skirt. I used the leftover fabric from those alterations to add a matching band onto the hat. And that was it. Far simpler and quicker than all of my previous comicon makes, but it was that kind of year.


My friends Ahsoka and Loki and I had a great time hanging out with fellow nerds and saying hi to all our variants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment