Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Always Read the Fine Print

I shop at thrift stores a lot.  Really, a lot.  Clothes, books, decor items, cookware, raw materials for my shop; most of the goods I buy come from second hand shops.  This is partly because I am cheap and refuse to pay full price for new when perfectly serviceable things are available used.  Mostly, however, I shop at thrift stores because they can offer some hidden gems found nowhere else.

Sometimes these gems are beautiful and unique vintage clothing, or really high quality kitchenware for a bargain, and sometimes the value of a find is because it is a wonderful piece of written hilarity:


I found this tucked inside a box full of old recipes, half of which included jello or marshmallows. I didn't even bother looking any further through the recipes and just bought the box, giggle-snorting to myself at the phrase 'long time napkin losers'




Apologies for the bad pictures but lighting in thrift stores is not always the best. These too had me giggling helplessly in the store: "...give your entire thought to preparing him for domestication..." and "When she appears to wilt, take her out to dinner..." are my particular favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment