Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Tale of a Stepsister Sweater

One of the many things I dabble in is designing knitting patterns. Most often I do so because I conceived of a desire for a garment and couldn't find an existing pattern that was exactly what I wanted. So I try to make my own.

When watching the live action Disney Cinderella movie for the first time, I fell head over heels in love with the honeycomb sweaters Anastasia and Drisella wear as they try to stuff their feet into a glass shoe.


In one of my many vintage knitting pattern books I happened to find this gem from 1952. Suddenly making a dreamy stepsister sweater of my own seemed possible. Altering the neckline and sleeves wasn't too difficult. The pattern was really easy to follow and adjust.


 Next I needed yarn. Luckily for me, my local thrift store always has 'good' yarn. I found 8 skeins of this shockingly chartreuse textured dk and bought it all without a second thought or even a project planned. Someday I would be making a hi-vis sweater and it would be glorious. When I found the teal and green variegated yarn at my LYS, I knew it was to be. 



So, with my newly altered pattern and awesome yarn, I got to work. My chief inspection officer 'helped' a lot in this process.





There's the finished project in all it's neon glory, and I even have 4 skeins of that yarn left!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment