Thursday, April 7, 2022

Wait...What?

I shop at thrift stores a lot. Really, a lot. Clothes, books, decor items, cookware, raw materials for my shop; most of the goods I buy come from second hand shops. This is partly because I am cheap and refuse to pay full price for new when perfectly serviceable things are available used.  Mostly, however, I shop at thrift stores because they can offer some hidden gems found nowhere else.


Sometimes these gems are beautiful and unique vintage clothing, or quality kitchenware for a bargain, and sometimes the value of a find is just that makes me laugh:


So I'm a pretty avid cyclist, and I do occasionally enjoy wearing a ruffly dress and stilleto heels, just never together. I'm guessing whoever set up this photo has never experienced either one. She's using a proper cyclocross carry position at least. It is a track bike, and thus could possibly have toe clips which theoretically would fit her footwear. Though it would have her leaning way too far forward for that low neckline...


So...Post Cereals sponsored a "pounds thinner" pattern? 'Eat our sugary cereal and gain weight, then sew a dress that hides it!'


I get that they are just describing the style here, but seriously 'Empire Sorcery in Five Different Evening Moods' sounds like a collab jazz album between Darth Vader and Palpatine.


Nothing snarky to say about this one, I just really like the hair and shades on the little floating dude. He is very anime though, right? Like a little floating fairy sidekick.

No comments:

Post a Comment